Thursday, May 03, 2007

Trapped and possibly not breathing

Today reality hit like a wet salmon in the face at 6 a.m. I have no money, I'm restricted to the very cheapest car I can find. I rarely find any satisfaction with my job, and I'm only at this job because I wasn't good enough at this thing I devoted about a third of my life to doing to get a job at a real newspaper (I say that after working in a newspaper that cared, but failing there).

Lazy, a slob, too dumb to make anything worthwhile of my life.

I applied to a copy editing/design job today in Springfield, I really doubt I've got the slightest chance of getting it, but if somebody's really desperate I might get an interview.

I'm gonna wait a few days to apply for the copy editor/design job in Cape Girardeau until after I get maybe an editing clip in place, and that should happen sometime soon. I'm waiting to apply to Cape Girardeau both because Springfield's deadline was sooner and I wasn't going to miss another deadline and because I think I might actually have a very very small but slightly larger chance of getting the job there.

I seriously considered alcohol tonight. I didn't partake.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]