Thursday, April 26, 2007

18 months, two cars

The Civic has been declared dead.

Monday morning I was about 20 feet from breakfast in Columbia waiting on someone to pull out of the diner parking lot, and was thus sitting in the middle of Sixth Street when someone pulled onto Sixth from Broadway behind me, was looking down instead of up and drove his front bumper into my rear bumper, causing $5,340 worth of damage.

Unfortunately, Kelley's Blue Book and the other driver's insurance company have determined the car is worth considerably less than that. As such, the insurance company, Allied, has declared it totaled.

Thus, unfortunately I have to hope whatever I can get for the damage is enough to cover the rest of my car loan, that I can get a new car loan and that it will be enough to buy a decent car. On the plus side, I'll soon be getting another car.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]