Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Not so much drunk, just not so much sober

Yeah, today was a day to hit up the bar, using the prior blog post as evidence, it was a bad day that unfortunately just didn't end when I tried to tell a 60-year-old been-here-forever miserable old bitch of a reporter who gave up already with me after I tried to stop him from quoting at length from Missouri state statutes.

I told him it was ridiculous to quote the statute and have it take up 6 inches of his damn story about the bloody city council meeting (and it is, after all, we're not writing legal briefs). He preceded to tell me he didn't care what changes I made to his stories and wouldn't listen to me when I asked him about the occasions where he explained he had to "explain" changes in his stories to his sources.

Which I assume means people have had disagreements with the stories I edited. Which means apparently he's not willing to listen to what I have to say or bother to talk to me about it so I told him with sarcasm dripping I was glad we could agree to butt heads on this.

Yeah it's not worth talking to the bastard. And that's what I decided not to do for the rest of the damn day.

Just another example of this decrepit hole I'm working in. I still can't believe I wasted a god-damn degree to work here and honestly it makes me depressed just to think of the fact that I'm pretty much fucked over the wall because I can't afford financially or emotionally to leave this god damn town.

It was bad enough to spend one birthday here, I hate the thought of spending two.

Which occurred to me after one drink this evening at the fabulous Applebees bar. I was feeling a little more giddy after two.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]