Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I just can't help it

I can't believe I devoted so much time and energy to improving myself and whatever fucking skills I might think that I have into my job.

I went to school for four fucking years, I made business contacts very early on (first semester) and even applied for an internship at a newspaper serving a 1.5 million population my freshman year.

I went to DC, I worked a decent internship my junior year and utterly fucking failed at a great internship opportunity my senior year. I royally fucked up every single opportunity of working in a respectable, professional newspaper between May 2005 and April 2006 by screwing up opportunities in Toledo and Joplin.

And this the reward!

My newspaper printed two stories today about government meetings that looked like junior high school students had written them.

A 60-year-old reporter with more experience than I have years on my age wrote a lede that managed to undermine the whole fucking issue, and it was completely in passive voice!

He actually quoted the mayor telling council members to do what they had come there to do.

I can't believe this is the ONLY JOB i seem to be able to do. Work at a fucking little newspaper which doesn't take itself seriously enough to write stories so someone could even read (forget writing stories someone would actually WANT to read).

What does that spell in regard to this asshole? F-A-I-L-U-R-E. That's what I am.

I need counseling.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]