Friday, October 06, 2006

Big fat guy's kinda out of shape

So I'm thinking after, say, at least four months of very little exercise (if at all, and nothing like an actual exercise routine) and some really miserably bad eating, that it's more of less proven that I'm ridiculously out of shape.

I proved it once a couple weeks ago when something came up at the print plant and I had to quickly go back to the newsroom (a distance of about 2 blocks) to get to the computer to print another plate.

Yeah, for someone that was running 27-30 blocks or so at a time at least 3 days a week 2 years ago I was still recovering from a two-block run an hour later.

Yes, that was proven again just tonight, I inherited a bike from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre-style creepy basement of my cousin and brother's house in Columbia and gave it to the bike shop here in town. I got it back today with a favor -- apparently cheap ass Wal-Mart bikes with really complicated and near worthless construction -- and the bike shop owner actually worked on the bike and gave me a $10 discount on the retuning.

So I got it back today and rode it for the first time, yeah, a mile and a quarter maybe from the office home really winded me and actually left me sore, particularly with the seat shaped like a torture device. It's a really skinny and absurdly hard seat that I believe was designed solely to severely damage your tail end.

Hopefully with making a bike ride to and from work (which happens to be where my car is now) and keeping a closer eye on my intake I might be eventually down to a not so fat guy, or maybe even skinny again.

Not that I think that's going to happen as quickly as it took to get the skinny guy fat again. Heck, I was only about 180 maybe at the end of the summer last year, I'm definitely 220+ now.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]