Saturday, August 05, 2006

Foxhole moment

Let the psychosoma-tosis begin!

So I was out on my apartment's balcony smoking a cigar (yeah, secret's out for those who didn't know, i smoke cigars and a pipe on occasion) this evening and when I came back I felt a spider web on my arm. Now sometimes, say, outdoors, in the woods, I wouldn't be that bothered so much about a spider web, but then I didn't realize there were spiders on my balcony and I've been out there many times.

So my interest was really piqued when I saw this small black spider with a huge abdomen hanging to the inside of the curtain in front of the door. I didn't see any red violin-shaped features but then I wasn't going to ask it to turn over so I could check. It was pretty damn scary.

I grabbed a whole bunch of paper towels, picked up the bug and threw it out immediately. Of course that didn't help very much.

I've been itching a lot more, especially around the scar from that bone graft on my side, but it's really all over. I pulled my shirt off once outside to shake it out (not something i typically do outside at my bulk) and another two times inside my apartment again.

Off and on I get the impression that my muscles are tightening up, but so far my throat hasn't been restricted. And with luck the foxhole prayer'll work and I'll still be here tomorrow. I hope someone would notice before they don't see their expected paper Sunday.

Really I know if anything were to have happened I'd be feeling it a lot more about an hour later. Doesn't stop me from itching a lot more than I think it should.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]