Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Outlook:

Definitely unclear.

So after being advised by an editor at the Globe (Alternating Oscillator), I recently contacted a former coworker about a possible position as a reporter/designer/editor at the Lebanon Daily Record.

It involves reporting on an education beat, designing part-time and being basically the last person to get to take care of the newspaper before it leaves by being an editor Saturday evening. There's one other person at least vying for the job, I have next to no design experience, i've proven to be correction-ridden, it will still be stressful, but it would be different than working at the Globe.

It would be about the same pay, so far as my coworker knew. I'm not sure what my odds are at getting it but I know my former coworker thinks very highly of me and circumstances would make it seem that her editor thinks very highly of her.

It would also be closer to my grandparents. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. But any advice is welcome. Pass me an e-mail if you wanna. Most of my readers have that info.

Comments:
ADVICE: DON"T LEAVE YOU CAN"T LEAVE US AT THE GLOBE, DON"T BE SO DAMN EXTREME, THERE ARE OTHER THINGS YOU CAN DO INSTEAD TALK TO YOUR EDITORS YOURE DOING FINE JUST DONT LEAVE THINK OF ALL THE PRESTIGE YOU"LL LOSE, COME ON DON"T GO.
 
don't leave!
 
Chadwick, I can't think of a time when you ever voiced any interest in designing or editing. I know you're unnerved about your present employment situation, but seriously, is this really the best opportunity to change directions?

Also, apparently there are some people who seriously want you to stay. That should tell you something as well.
 
Could the anonymous commentator at 1:49 a.m. please identify yourself?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]