Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Navel observation No. 1

I was reading last night at my grandparents' house (it was fantastic to get to go home in the midst of this Blade anxiety) and I couldn't help but get distracted by my bellybutton, and I came to a few conclusions.

I have one heck of an innie. Literally there's a cavernous cavity in the midst of my stomach. I think at one time it was an outie but in the many years since then I've managed to gain some poundage and some extra flesh around that aperture. I used to get stuff stuck in it all the time growing up (and out) but recently the problem grew exponentially with the body hair that's accumulated across my gut.

I won't go into details of what I found, only to say it would be an interesting speleological adventure if someone wants to apply for a grant. Just a caveat: keep your nose and navel clean. An umbilical cord is for nine months and a few minutes. Your navel is forever.

Speaking of, the compilation of Douglas Adams' writing, The Salmon of Doubt:Hitchhiking the Galaxy One Last Time is fantastic. I forgot so much of why he's one of my favorite writers.

The Globe interview went fairly well, I'm in competition with two other people for the job, and until I hear back within the next few weeks on how I fared I am going to try not to think about it. The self-doubts of whether I should have done anything differently would drive me mad, and I'm already suffering from nerves.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]