Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Graduated (like a cylinder)

And the Missourian dutifully reported on the proceedings. Honestly it doesn't feel all that different. I moved almost all of my crap from my Columbia apartment (almost the same apartment) just like I did last year when I moved out for the summer/fall. Albeit this time we left Columbia much earlier and I had more help, thanks indefinitely to Caleb, Jamey, Evan and Aaron. Now I'm at home in much the same position as I was last year. I know where I'm going this summer, but that job hasn't started yet. It will be my new place of residence for the next three months.

Like DC last year I will be heading out on my own from here. Unlike DC I won't be there with anyone I know already, but on the other hand my roomate's are less of strangers to me now then my roomates were last Fall. And with luck some friends will be coming by to visit while I'm out there. Anyone coming through Toledo this Summer? Give me a call. You've got a place to stay.

I don't have anything much to report. I'm in St.L for a few days out of this week and the next to spend a little quality time with the family and friends before ducking out for who knows how long. I'll be in wild happenin' Wichita this weekend on a writer's convention and I lose my parents' fantastic health care insurance on May 31st and my adequate car insurance on the 26th. Fun.

Then I duck out for northwestern Ohio on the 25th (or 26th, oh the mystery). I want to know I spent enough time with people that they know how much they mean to me. I want to know that my constantly churning subtle little fears are completely and entirely unwarranted. I want to know that it's all gonna be cool and I don't want people to tell me it will be. I want it to be all settled and taken care of. I don't mind moving across the country, I've already done that, I just want a job and assurance and peace of mind on the other end of the trip.

Essentially I just don't know. The story of my life always.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]